Oleria is an enterprise cybersecurity startup that raised $8M in seed funding led by Salesforce Ventures with participation from Tapestry VC and industry luminary angel investors. We recognize that identity based attacks on software as a service (SaaS) applications are becoming increasingly common, highlighting the importance of addressing access risks to prevent data breaches. Traditional access management methods are human-intensive and often have significant unidentified gaps, making it challenging to manage access risks effectively. At Oleria, we are on a mission to revolutionize access control tooling for enterprise SaaS applications, aiming to reduce the opportunity and scope of data breaches drastically.
Oleria was founded by notable industry senior leaders Jim Alkove and Jagadeesh Kunda, with deep security, data, and SaaS experience building and securing some of the world’s largest platforms and products used by billions of people worldwide every day. Our customers are Fortune 500 corporations and public sector organizations, making your contributions vital to improving data security for millions worldwide.
As an early hire, you will have an opportunity to build as well as help build an amazing customer and user experience, and architect the underlying systems and platforms, including our development practices and processes. Many fundamental choices have not yet been made, so this greenfield background is an unusual opportunity to have broad ownership and ability to define requirements and goals for across product delivery, tools, frameworks, and process..
Though you likely have significant experience as a technical and perhaps people and team leader, you are totally comfortable with hands on a keyboard, and you’re excited by the opportunity to write code and deliver an amazing customer experience in a constrained time frame, while building the basis for continued product evolution.
Above all, you have a bias for action. You love getting product out the door and learning from tight feedback loops, and love the satisfaction you’ll receive from knowing that your contributions are directly improving the security of data for millions of people in the world.
- Design and build end to end user experiences.
- Data is our life - you’ll need to help our customers navigate, explore, and operate with large and complex datasets, built on an extensive data backend. Our bread and butter is sophisticated security analysis on user behavior, and our data sets are petabyte vs terabyte scale, so you’ll be working with and helping build multi-layer distributed systems.
- Work with our team to create, design and implement a world-class development lifecycle, architecture, and toolset, from initial concept through DevSecOps delivery
- Define service architecture and APIs to implement the above
- Understand and participate in tradeoff discussions, but have the courage to stand behind principles and values that you believe cannot be compromised on.
- 6+ years of professional full stack development experience
- Experience in cybersecurity or SaaS industry, especially with access, identity and governance would be a plus
- Strong understanding of industry best practices across entire lifecycle from idea to design to development, as well as test, deployment, operations, monitoring, and incident management
- You have a passion to create user experiences that are beautiful, a joy to use, and surprisingly powerful.
Have shipped and operated high-scale commercial SaaS products, used by a multitude of users at many customers, with all that entails.
- Experience with feature flags, A/B testing, deep instrumentation, and other technologies for understanding behavior and iteratively deploying and learning.
- Broad direct experience building on at least one public cloud platform - AWS preferred, Azure, GCP, and modern deployment tooling (CI/CD, containers, Terraform, etc.)
- Deep understanding of performance, privacy, scalability, HA/DR, instrumentation, logging & alerting, and other requirements of industry best practice enterprise scale products and services
- Understanding of industry best practice security and privacy and data governance requirements and practices
Familiar with secure development practices, from coding to artifact generation to deployment
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-moving world with ambiguity and potential change as daily companions
- BS, Masters, or PhD in computer science or related, or equivalent experience
- Experience or strong interest in ML/AI and what it takes to deliver in end products
- Security domain knowledge, especially with Access, - - - Identity and Governance would be a plus
- Experience in security analysis and investigation
- Familiar with multiple identity and access management systems
- Experience building, deploying, and/or operating in highly secure deployments, e.g. SOC 2, FedRAMP compliance