Senior Backend Software Engineer
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America, South America, and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 25 million people create over 50 million legal documents, and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
Rocket Lawyer is seeking an experienced, passionate Engineer who wants to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a talented team. You’ll join one of our cross-functional Agile teams architecting, designing and building the next generation of our backend systems. This is primarily a back-end role but openness to work full-stack is a plus.
- Passionate about software quality
- Is dedicated to continuous learning and self-improvement
- Open to and seeks out feedback, using it to reflect on ways to improve
- Clear and precise in face-to-face and written communication
- Practising extreme ownership
- Desire to make a real impact working in a small cross-functional team
- Proactive, self-sufficient, thorough and a team player
- Responsible for the entire Software Development Life Cycle of your code including development, test, production, and subsequent fixes and improvements
- Collaborate with other teams to incorporate their requirements and manage dependencies. Have a big picture in mind and plan ahead
- Actively participate in design and code reviews
- Work with the Ops team on deployment and own team’s deployment pipelines
Experience - Required
- At least 8+ years of experience in delivery using Java (v8 or later)
- At least 5+ years of experience with frameworks such as Spring and SpringBoot
- Utilising automated testing frameworks and testing tools
Experience - Desirable
- JPA, SQL preferably experience with Postgres
- Experience designing and developing RESTful services/APIs
- Experience with Scala.
- Experience with CI/CD, containers Docker and Kubernetes
Benefits & Perks
- Annual salary increase
- Generous PTO accommodations including 30 days of paid vacation for every 12 months of service and 15 days of paid sick leave
- Mandatory Bonuses: Christmas and Vacation
- Public transportation voucher
- Daycare assistance
- Financial support with those who have children with special needs and disabilities
- Life Insurance
- Meal/ Food voucher
- Private Health Insurance
- Free Rocket Lawyer account with online access to an extensive legal documents library and brilliant licensed attorneys at discounted rates