One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments, and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you’ll do
- Translate the business problem into a machine learning problem;
- Propose modeling solutions to solve the problem;
- Preprocess data and execute exploratory data analysis;
- Develop Machine Learning and other quantitative models;
- You will define evaluation methodologies;
- Experiments execution, proposals, and guidance;
- Literature research, analysis, and approach indications;
- Possible scientific publications writing and review (according to project/customer requests)
- Support for the Product Team.
What you’ll need
- Technical leadership (Novice - Beginner experience);
- University or technical degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science);
- Solid data science knowledge (Advanced level);
- Programming with Python for data analysis using libraries like Pandas and numpy (Advanced level);
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g., Python’s matplotlib or R’s shiny) (Advanced level);
- Experience with version-control software (e.g., GIT). (Advanced level);
- Previous professional, academic, or personal experience in a Data Science project;
- Advanced level of English (speaking, reading, and writing).
What will help you on the job
- Master/PHD degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science);
- Experience with Unix-like systems;
- Familiarity with Cloud services;
- Critical thinking;
- Passion for excellence;
- Continuous learning.
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.